To provide an environment for riders aspiring to represent Southland or New Zealand at an international level on the track, which will develop their skills, knowledge, fitness and confidence on the track. Although this will only be one track session per week, our aim is that this will help provide a motivating environment through winter and be a great platform from which riders can build skills in specific areas that are sometimes missed (e.g. starts, pursuiting, flying 200/250tt, motor pacing, pace judgement, match sprinting, team pursuiting.
Any rider is able to apply to this squad. However, to be selected the following must apply to you:
· Aiming to ride at an international event (Junior Worlds, Oceania Champs etc)
· Have shown through recent results that you are capable of riding at these events
· Representing Southland or New Zealand at this/these events
· Committed to participate in as many sessions as possible
· Committed to being a positive member of the squad, assisting and teaching other squad members when needed
This squad will come together once a week for a two hour track session (time to be decided, probably evening). The session will be focused on race specific skills and drills and will be coached as often as possible by an expert coach in his/her particular area.
Thursdays 7-9pm through winter, starting 5 April 2012. This session’s continuation past Junior Worlds and Oceania’s will be decided at a later date.
If you would like to be a part of this session please send an expression of your interest with details of your goals and aims for the upcoming season to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling Southland Selectors will name this squad.