2017 Cycling Southland Corporate Pursuit
Friday 7th July - Time Trial
Sunday 23rd July - Race Day
Monday 22nd May - Early Bird Entry Closes (noon)
Friday 2nd June - Entries Close
Wednesday 7th June - Race Breifing 7pm
Sunday 23rd - Prizegiving 7pm
Read more about this year's rules and check out all the action from past events below
Team kit order form
- The Italian Pursuit is a four member team event. The race is held over 4 laps of the 250m track, a total of 1000m
- Two teams will be on the track at one time. Each starting and finishing on the opposite sides of the track
- The lead rider will ride one whole lap then pull off as the second rider takes over for their whole lap on the front of the team. Next will be the third rider and finally the fourth rider races the last lap. Each rider will complete a whole lap on the front of their team.
- Changes will take place between the cones on the respective straights (between the pursuit line and a cone placed 15metres beyond). The following riders’s front wheel may not overlap the leading rider’s rear wheel until they are in this zone. The leading rider must have left the sprinter’s lane before the 15 metre cone.
- The time of the team is taken on the final rider crossing their pursuit line.
Rules of the Corporate Pursuit
- Entries will only be accepted via the official entry online form no later than when the date is confirmed
- Successful entries will then be invoiced with full payment due immediately.
- There are limited places available. Please indicate on the entry form your team's ranking if entering multiple team entries from your business. If the case arises that we have too many entries a ballot will be held for all the 2nd ranked teams then 3rd ranked teams and so forth.
- Riders must be employees/employers of the competing company or within the same industry e.g. group of dairy farmers, printing industry or health industry, etc.
- Four members will compete in each race.
- A team is made up of up to six riders. No more than three males will be allowed to ride in any one round.
- Teams can change the order of their combination for each round.
- Riders will use approved track bikes and safety helmets.
- No aero helmets are allowed
- Teams using the club track bikes can adjust the seat height only. No other adjustments of the bike can be made. NO wheel or pedal changes. Time penalties will be imposed on any team breaching these rules.
- Teams must attend a minimum of four organised training sessions on the Velodrome.
- The coach and a team representative are required to attend the information evening (the date and time will be confirmed). A demonstration of the race and allocation of training times will be part of this evening.
- Competitors take part at their own risk.
- Restricted gearing. This will equate to a roll out of 6.3metres (51x17, 48x16, 42x14, 39x13).
- No disc wheels are permitted. No full carbon wheels are permitted.
- Only wheels with standard spokes are acceptable.
- All competitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- All concerns of competitors or support crew must be addressed to the coach of their team who may choose then to address these to the Event Directors.
- Teams are to follow the instructions of officials and coaches.
- Any rider who has represented their Centre or country at any national or international track cycling competitions over the past 12 months is excluded from the competition.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend team entries that are deemed to be not in the true spirit of the competition.
- Competitors are to wear the race number allocated to them by the organisers.
- Preferential entries will be given to Southland-based corporate teams.
- All-comers record teams race under the same gearing as per the corporate pursuit.
- If for whatever reason a team, once entry has been accepted, withdraws from the event no refund of the entry fee will be necessarily forthcoming.
- Prize-giving tickets are non refundable.
- Refunds of entry fees due to cancellation will be at the discretion of the organisers.
- We agree that organisers and sponsors of this event may use any information given to the organisers for purposes connected with the event and to provide us with details of other products, services and events.
- We agree to allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
- We will not hold organisers, officials, sponsors and/or any person involved with the event liable for any loss or injury to person or equipment.
- Any other items arising will be dealt with at the discretion of the organising committee.
So What's The Attraction Anyway?
Seem like a lot of work? Why would you want to put yourself through something like this? If these questions are rattling around in your head right now, maybe you should hear from one of our original Corporate Pursuiters.
"What's the attraction of the Corporate Cycling Event? Men in Lycra? Wrong! Not the reason I have decided over the last four years to enter the Corporate Cycling event at the velodrome at Stadium Southland.
Potential Sarah Ulmer in the making? Also wrong! Unfortunately there's not a hope that will be the reason I join three other from AWS Legal to train under the watchful eyes of Julian Ineson and Neil Cleghorn for five weeks leading up to the time trial and race day.
Time out from the kids? Wrong again. Definetly not the reason I sat in the warm-up area breast-feeding my three month old baby between races and encouraging AWS staff, partners and my family to join the crowd at the Velodrome to watch the racing.
Instead for me, being part of the Corporate Pursuit was mostly about trying something new and being able to utilise the world-class facilities we have in little old Invercargill. The buzz of being out on the track, the adrenaline rush of training, racing in convoy with team mates and the office hype associated with being in a team event rank a close second.
In fact this event is so much fun, I not so secretly maintain my cycling training for months before the event so as not to lose my place to other younger faster staff members. The countdown is on!" - Toni Green
Well done to all teams who put it all out on the track on Friday night. Below are the resutls and audit trails if you are keen to see how you placed.
LONE STAR / SPEIGHTS CORPORATE ROLLER RACING CHALLENGE
Corporate Pursuit Gallery
And if that's not convincing enough, check out our Photo Gallery of past Corporate Pursuits. If these fun shots don't sway you, there's nothing more we can do :-)
Archive - 2014 Corporate Pursuit