TODAY'S TO DO
Wednesday - Zwift racing
Cycling Southland Wednesday Worlds p/b GreenMonkey is now an official Zwift event - thank you to Daniel Carruthers of GreenMonkey for his invaluable contribution when it came to making this happen. For more information on the event, click here, and enter via the Zwift Companion app. Racing on Wednesday evening, 7:30pm, with A, B, and C grades.
Saturday Road Race
The Geo W Wilson and Sons Limited Gore to Waikiwi Classic will be taking place on Saturday 20 August. Sign on at Gore Town and Country Club from 1pm for a 1:30pm start.
Open handicap - 64km , U17/15 - 29km (starting at Hedgehope), U13 - 19km (starting at Mabel Bush Hall)
The race route can be viewed here.
Enter via Webscorer here.
Please note that the late entry fee kicks in at 7pm on Thursday, with entries closing at 7pm on Friday in order to give the handicapper enough time to ensure a fair race.
King House Removals Omnium Series
Round 3 of the King House Removals Omnium Series will be taking to the track this Wednesday from 6pm to 9pm, with riders contesting the Keirin, elmination, and scratch races. Click here for more information.
Please check the track schedule here, and register early so the coaches have time to adapt the session plan based on numbers.
The latest edition of Cycling Southland's newsletter can be found here.
Upcoming Major Events
- 5 August - 20 November - King House Removals Omnium Series
- 20 August - Geo W Wilson and Sons Ltd Gore to Waikiwi Classic
- 10-11 September - ILT Mid Winter Track Carnival
- 7-9 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 11-12 October - Skoda National Schools Track Championships
- 13-16 October - Skoda National School MTB Championships
Recent Events and Results
- Ascot Park Hotel Criterium
- Stonewood Homes Gore to Invercargill Classic
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- 10-12 December - Southland Track Championships
- 8-10 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 25 September - Memorial Race Classic and Curtis Dunn Memorial
- 14 August - Geo W Wilson and Sons Ltd Gore to Waikiwi Classic
- Outdoor H&J Smith Southland Time Trial and Road Race Championships
- Otago/Southland Secondary Schools Road Cycling Championships
- Vital Signs Fight for Yellow
- ILT South Island Age Group and Masters Track Carnival
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- Southland Track Championships
Covid 19 Protection Framework - ORANGE:
For a summary of the rules that apply under ORANGE, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/life-at-orange/
Road race guidelines:
There are no longer any gathering limits for outdoor events. Mask use is still required when in close proximity and not exercising, but prize givings, race briefings, and other such gatherings can take place.
- Wear a mask when entering the venue
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the venue
- Do not attend sessions if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms
In th D:
- Wear a mask while anywhere in the stadium other than riding on the track
- Shared equipment (compressor, rollers) to be wiped down after use
- Ensure all equipment used has been wiped down and stored