TODAY'S TO DO
Stadium Southland closed
Stadium Southland is closed as required under current Covid-19 restrictions. That means you will not be able to access any bikes or equipment stored at the velodrome - swipe cards will not work.
Road season suspended
In consultation with the road race convenor, the decision has been made to abandon the rest of the Cycling Southland Summer Road season, including Wednesday Worlds. The three races that were still scheduled to take place, including the Outdoor H&J Smith Southland Road and Time Trial Championships, will be rescheduled to take place in the new racing season.
In the current climate, limiting the potential exposure of our members, volunteers, and staff is of utmost importance, and in the constantly changing environment abandoning the rest of the season is not only the best option for our members, but also for the sponsors of the remaining three races, Kennedy Building, Outdoor H&J Smith, and Dominator, and we thank them for their understanding.
Given the absence of road racing, club members have set out to organise some Zwift racing instead - keep an eye on the Cycling Southland Facebook page for updates! The first event is a virtual Wednesday Worlds this Wednesday - 6:30pm for 45 minutes.
Follow event organiser DAVID MCCORMICK - CS on Zwift for event invites.
For more information on Zwift and how to use it, visit https://zwift.com/get-zwifting
2020 EVENT CALENDAR
- 25 March - Zwift - Wednesday Worlds - 6:30pm-7:15pm
Cycling Southland will continue to monitor this rapidly developing situation and we will be following Government regulations and Ministry of Health guidelines to ensure all our club races, squad training sessions and events adhere to health and safety best practice. At this stage (as of Wednesday 18 March) all Cycling Southland scheduled club races, trainings and events are continuing as planned however this situation is a rapidly changing one and we ask you to keep an eye on our social media channels and website for further information and updates over the coming days.
We expect that our members will exercise caution and vigilance in line with Government regulations and Ministry of Health guidelines
- If you are feeling unwell, or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please do not attend any of our club races, training and/or events.
- If you have just returned from travelling overseas you are to self-isolate for 14 days so will not be attending any of our club races, training and or/events
- Please ensure that you are maintaining hygiene habits in line with MoH recommendations to protect yourself and others, in particular regular hand washing
For more information on for Covid-19 please refer to the Ministry of Health website here
Cycling New Zealand
Cycling New Zealand have set up a page on their website that covers information on the current situation and the status of any scheduled Cycling New Zealand events. This is being updated regularly and we encourage you to visit this site for further information here
ILT Stadium Southland and SIT Zero Fees Velodrome
ILT Stadium Southland management are being proactive in ensuring that their users and staff remain safe at all times in this rapidly changing situation -
- If you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone who has travelled overseas, you must not enter the venue and must self-isolate for 14 days.
- The Stadium has initiated, effective immediately, an increase in the frequency of all cleaning and housekeeping throughout the venue. This has meant that the upstairs Velodrome toilets and changing rooms have been closed, as well as the toilets at the Tim Shadbolt Stand entrance. Please head to the main toilets beside the community courts within the Stadium.