With the move to the traffic light system from Friday 3 December, ILT Stadium Southland (which includes the SIT Velodrome and the Cycling Southland offices) will become a fully vaccinated venue, which means that all staff, tenants, contractors and the general public will be required to show proof of their vaccinations status on entry to the venue. The stadium will have staff permanently placed at the entrance to the building at all times through out the day and evening to ensure that we are abiding by the health regulations as they are currently set out.
Access (entry/exit) to the facility for everyone with no exceptions, will be through the main entrance.
Government guidance indicates there will be a 3 month grace period from the date someone turns 12 until they are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated.
Covid 19 Protection Framework - ORANGE:
For a summary of the rules that apply under ORANGE, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/life-at-orange/
Road race guidelines:
Vaccine pass - road events
Under the Covid-19 Protection Framework (Orange), sporting events, whether indoors or outdoors, cannot go ahead if vaccine passes are not checked. Therefore, vaccine passes will be required at all Cycling Southland events, including Wednesday Worlds, for anyone over the age of 12 years 3 months.
- Vaccine pass required to enter ILT Stadium Southland (for anyone over 12 years 3 months of age)
- Entry and exit through stadium main entrance only
- Wear a mask when entering the venue
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the venue
- Scan in - this is compulsory. There will be a physical sign in sheet provided for those unable to scan in, but scanning is preferred
- Do not attend sessions if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms
In th D:
- Wear a mask while anywhere in the stadium other than riding on the track
- Shared equipment (compressor, rollers) to be wiped down after use
- Ensure all equipment used has been wiped down and stored
TODAY'S TO DO
Stonewood Homes Gore to Invercargill Classic - 29 January
The longest running club classic in New Zealand, the Stonewood Homes Gore to Invercargill Classic, is back on Saturday 29 January 2022. The event will feature an Open Handicap Classic with great prizemoney on offer - $500 for first across the line, $500 for the fastest time, and $500 for the first female rider. There will also be a U15/U17 Junior Handicap, as well as an U13 Junior Handicap.
Entries are open, with an early bird entry fee of $25 (Open) or $15 (Junior) in place until 12 January, going up to $30 and $20 respectively from then until entries close on 27 January.
Enter using the Webscorer link below:
ILT New Year Track Carnival - 28-29 January
The ILT New Year Track Carnival will take place over two days, starting on Friday evening 28 January, and continuing on Saturday evening 29 January. Racing will include Keirins, scratch races, derbies, and open and junior wheel races for the Cycling Southland trophy and OJ Henderson trophy respectively. For more information and an entry link, visit the event page here.
Ascot Park Hotel Criteriums - 30 January
After a brief hiatus, the ever popular Ascot Park Hotel Criteriums return in 2022, wrapping up three days of top class cycling in the Deep South.
For more information and entry links, visit the event page here.
Cycling Southland office closure
The Cycling Soutlhand office will be closed from 17 December 2021 until 24 January 2022. Have a great Christmas holiday break!
Wednesday Worlds is taking a break for the Christmas holidays - see you all again in 2022!
CycloFit is wrapped up for the year, and will return in February 2022.
Southland Track Championships
Southland Track Championships took place from 10 to 12 December. For results, photos, and race programme, visit the event page here.
Wednesday - Zwift racing
Cycling Southland Wednesday Worlds p/b GreenMonkey is now an official Zwift event - thank you to Daniel Carruthers of GreenMonkey for his invaluable contribution when it came to making this happen. For more information on the event, click here, and enter via the Zwift Companion app. Racing on Wednesday evening, 7:30pm, with A, B, and C grades.
Track training is all done for 2021 - see you in February 2022.
The latest edition of Cycling Southland's newsletter can be found here.
Upcoming Major Events
- 28-29 January - ILT New Year Track Carnival
- 29 January - Stonewood Homes Gore to Invercargill Classic
- 30 January - Ascot Park Criteriums
Recent Events and Results
- 10-12 December - Southland Track Championships
- 8-10 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 25 September - Memorial Race Classic and Curtis Dunn Memorial
- 14 August - Geo W Wilson and Sons Ltd Gore to Waikiwi Classic
- Outdoor H&J Smith Southland Time Trial and Road Race Championships
- Otago/Southland Secondary Schools Road Cycling Championships
- Vital Signs Fight for Yellow
- ILT South Island Age Group and Masters Track Carnival
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- Southland Track Championships