With the road season beginning again it is good to remind ourselves of some of the etiquette and rules. It is important to remember that when we are on the road we are representing our club and our sport.
· Obey the road rules, including traffic lights, give way and stop signs at all times.
· Keep to the left even in races. The roads are still open when we are racing.
· Obey instructions by police and route marshalls.
· Do not ride more than two abreast. It is not always safe to do so.
· Move over to allow motor vehicles to overtake.
· Don’t wear headphones while riding.
· If you are not racing that weekend, do not train on the course. There is nothing more annoying than chasing down a bunch only to find they aren’t in the race.
· Finally, cyclists do not have a right to ride two abreast in all circumstances. Use common sense. If you have traffic behind you ride in single file until it has gone past.
Be safe and most of all, enjoy it out there
Executive Committee Member & Commissaire