Scheduled for Friday 6th, Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th May 2016.
The following outlines everything you need to know to attend a Cycling New Zealand Coach Education course.
Venue: SIT Zero Fees Velodrome, Invercargill.
• Friday: 6pm - 9pm.
• Saturday: 8:45am – 5pm.
• Sunday: 8:45am – 5pm
Participants usually invoiced directly for the course fee of $250. This includes course administration, manuals/resources. It does not include travel, accommodation and meals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
What to bring:
• Appropriate Bike (if you have one)
• Bike clothing/shoes – we will be using the class participants as riders for practical sessions (Note: if you are unable to participate as a rider that is fine, however please let me know so we can ensure adequate numbers for practical sessions).
We normally provide morning/afternoon tea. Participants usually are asked to bring lunch for Saturday and Sunday.
All resources are provided on day one, there is no pre course reading requirements however below is a list of the modules that we will be covering over the two days:
• Your role as a coach
• Bike checks/equipment/clothing
• Risk assessment/management/child protection
• Session Planning
• Coaching Principles
• Coaching Communication & presentational skills
• Youth specific training guidelines
• Coaching practicals
Also the assessment process for this course will need to be undertaken within 3 months post course date.
This consists of:
• Write up and deliver 3 session plans
• Write up 3 self-reflection action plans for each of your sessions
• Complete Risk Management forms for your sessions
• Observation of a more experienced coach in action (does not need to be from cycling)
• A more experienced coach observing you (again this does not need to be a cycling coach)
• Complete a First Aid certificate
• Police vetting