The Police 5-Os Claim 2011 Title
31/07/2011 - The Police 5-Os dominated yesterday’s running of Cycling Southland’s Harrex Group-sponsored Corporate Pursuit winning Division One at the ILT Velodrome. <read more>
2011 Corporate Pursuit Finals Results
Download a copy of the Corporate Pursuit Finals Day, complete with full results and times. Follow your team's journey through Division One and Two and track their journey to victory ... or survival! <click here>
2011 Finals Video Highlights
Finals Day Photo Gallery
See all of our snaps from the Finals Day full of colour, sweat and a fair amount of fun <click here>
2011 FINALS DOWNLOADS
2011 NEWS ARCHIVE
Can Anyone Stop the Police?
30/07/2011 - Can anyone stop the police in the finals of Cycling Southland's Corporate Pursuit tomorrow? On the evidence of last weekend's time trial, it would appear not. <read more>
Corporate Pursuit Finals Ready to Roll
28/07/2011 - Southland businesses will be operating at speed this Sunday as Cycling Southland’s Harrex Group-sponsored Corporate Pursuit is held for the sixth time. After last weekend’s Grading Time Trial the capacity field of 34 teams has been split into two divisions as each six-person squad lines up to battle each other over a full day of racing. <read more>
Police Claim Top Spot For 2011 Corporate Pursuit Finals
24/07/2011 - Cycling Southland’s Harrex Group-sponsored Corporate Pursuit kicked off today at the ILT Velodrome with the annual Grading Time Trial. A capacity field of 34 four-person teams battled the clock and chilly temperatures to confirm seeding for next Sunday’s Finals Day. <read more>
Grading Time Trial Video Highlights
Corporate Pursuit Life Changing Experience
18/07/2011 - Cycling Southland’s Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit is to be held over the next two weekends with the Grading Time Trial on Sunday and the Finals Day on Sunday 31st July. Last year’s winning team was YMCA Education. They were anchored to their victory by Karl Watson who today tells us why competing in the event last year was truly life-changing. <read more>
Corporate Pursuit Rookie Report
11/07/2011 - Cycling Southland’s Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit is approaching fast. 2010 rookie Diane Lindsay offers a newcomer’s perspective on the event ... Well that time has come around again the Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit, I undertook this daunting sport a year ago (one tick on my personal bucket list). <read more>
Largest Ever Corporate Field
19/05/2011 - The largest-ever contingent of teams will contest this year's Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit at the ILT Velodrome in July. <read more>
Corporate Pursuit Back for 2011
18/04/2011 - Last year was filled with many highlights but one of the most memorable was a day in the middle of the year when the ILT Velodrome was packed to the rafters as 34 corporate teams and their respective armies of supporters turned on one of the biggest cycling parties this city has seen. <read more>
2011 EVENT INFORMATION
Are You Ready For Business at Speed?
RECORD FIELD CONFIRMED FOR 2011
The countdown is on again. Cycling Southland and Harrex Group welcome you to the 2011 Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit, coming to the ILT Velodrome in July 2011.
We've got a tough act to follow after last year's event which saw a record number of teams, record times and record crowd numbers - which all added together to make last year's event our best ever.
So What's The Attraction Anyway?
Seem like a lot of work? Why would you want to put yourself through something like this? If these questions are rattling around in your head right now, maybe you should hear from one of our original Corporate Pursuiters.
"What's the attraction of the Harrex Group Corporate Cycling Event? Men in Lycra? Wrong! Not the reason I have decided over the last four years to enter the Corporate Cycling event at the ILT Velodrome at Stadium Southland.
Potential Sarah Ulmer in the making? Also wrong! Unfortunately there's not a hope that will be the reason I join three other from AWS Legal to train under the watchful eyes of Julian Ineson and Neil Cleghorn for five weeks leading up to the time trial and race day.
Time out from the kids? Wrong again. Definetly not the reason I sat in the warm-up area breast-feeding my three month old baby between races and encouraging AWS staff, partners and my family to join the crowd at the Velodrome to watch the racing.
Instead for me, being part of the Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit was mostly about trying something new and being able to utilise the world-class facilities we have in little old Invercargill. The buzz of being out on the track, the adrenaline rush of training, racing in convoy with team mates and the office hype associated with being in a team event rank a close second.
In fact this event is so much fun, I not so secretly maintain my cycling training for months before the event so as not to lose my place to other younger faster staff members. The countdown is on!" - Toni Green
Corporate Pursuit Gallery
And if that's not convincing enough, check out our Photo Gallery of past Corporate Pursuits. If these fun shots don't convice you, there's nothing more we can do :-)
2011 Event Details
A time trial event will be held on Sunday 24th July Noon-4pm. Each team will compete against the clock to establish a seeding for the competition on the 31st. Click here to download times alloted to each team.
The main event day will begin at 9:30am with a race briefing followed by racing at 10:00am on Sunday 31st July. The day will run through to approximately 5:00pm. The draw used will be dependent on the entries received.
Following the racing their will be a prize giving and social gathering at Ascot Park Hotel.
As part of your entry fee you will receive:
- An opportunity to win the champions trophy for your division
- An opportunity for each team member to take up a subsidised 2011 Cycling Southland membership along with a Bike NZ Club Licence worth $65 for $40.
- Six prize giving tickets which include light refreshments and a complimentary beer, wine or orange juice.
- An opportunity to purchase customised cycling kit for your team at a heavily discounted price.
- Spot prizes
- Fitness and skill development
- Support crew area where your business banner can be displayed
- Business name in the official programme
- An opportunity for your business to be advertised throughout the two competition days
- Personalised coaching sessions
- Ride on NZ's only indoor international cycling track
- A framed team photo and certificate
- The Italian Pursuit is a four member team event. The race is held over 4 laps of the 250m track, a total of 1000m.
- Two teams will be on the track at one time. Each starting and finishing on the opposite sides of the track.
- The lead rider will ride one whole lap then pull off as the second rider takes over for their whole lap on the front of the team. Next will be the third rider and finally the fourth rider races the last lap. Each rider will complete a whole lap on the front of their team.
- Changes will take place between the cones on the respective straights (15m each side of the pursuit line)
- The time of the team is taken on the final rider crossing the finishing line.
Rules of the 2011 Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit
- Entries will only be accepted via the official entry online form no later than 5pm Friday 13th May 2011. Successful entries will then be invoiced with full payment due immediately.
- There are limited places available. Please indicate on the entry form your team's ranking if entering multiple team entries from your business. If the case arises that we have too many entries a ballot will be held for all the 2nd ranked teams then 3rd ranked teams and so fourth. There will be a maximum of 32 teams.
- Riders must be employees/employers of the competing company or within the same industry e.g. group of dairy farmers, printing industry or GPs, etc.
- A team is made up of up to six riders. No more than three males will be allowed to ride in any one round.
- Four members will compete in each round.
- Teams can change the order of their combination for each round.
- Riders will use approved track bikes and safety helmets.
- No aero helmets are allowed
- Teams using the club track bikes can adjust the seat height only. No other adjustments of the bike can be made. NO wheel or pedal changes. Time penalties will be imposed on any team breaching these rules.
- Teams must attend a minimum of four organised training sessions on the ILT Velodrome.
- The coach and a team representative are required to attend the information evening on Tuesday 24th May at 7pm in the Sarah Ulmer Lounge above the track at the ILT Velodrome. A demonstration of the race and allocation of training times will be part of this evening.
- Competitors take part at their own risk.
- Restricted gearing of 81 inch or 48 x 16
- No disc wheels are permitted.
- Teams are to follow the instructions of officials and coaches.
- Any rider who has represented their Centre or country at any national or international track cycling competitions over the past 12 months are excluded from the competition.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend team entries which are deemed to be not in the true spirit of the competition.
- Competitors are to wear the race numbers allocated to them by the organisers.
- Preferential entries will be given to Southland-based corporate teams.
Any other items arising will be dealt with at the discretion of the organising committee
Sier Vermunt and Julian Ineson
Sing it with us ... Y M C A
YMCA Education defended its Harrex Corporate Pursuit title breaking its own record and the Police Five O's in the 2010 final.
YMCA Go Back-To-Back in Corporate Pursuit
27/06/10 - YMCA Education defended its Harrex Corporate Pursuit title breaking its own record in the event’s finals held in Invercargill today. <read more> For final results in easy-to-follow Draw form, click here.
2010 Finals Day Results
Division 1 & 2 Finals <Results> <Splits - Including all Plate Finals' Splits>
Division 1 Quarter/Semi Finals <Results> <Splits>
Division 1 Special Plate (Quarter Final Losers) <Semi Results> <Semi Splits>
Division 1 Plate (Round 1 Losers) <Quarter Results> <Semi Results> <Quarter/Semi Splits>
Division 1 Consolation Plate (Plate Losers) <Semi Results> <Semi Splits>
Division 1 Round 1 <Results Part 1> <Results Part 2> <Splits Part 1> <Splits Part 2>
Division 2 <Quarter Results> <Semi Results> <Quarter/Semi Splits>
Division 2 Special Plate (Quarter Final Losers) <Semi Results> <Semi Splits>
Division 2 Plate (Round 1 Losers) <Quarter Results> <Semi Results> <Final Results> <Splits>
Division 2 Consolation Plate (Plate Losers) <Quarter Results> <Quarter Splits>
Division 2 Round 1 <Results Part 1> <Results Part 2> <Splits Part 1> <Splits Part 2>
Division 2 Qualifiers <Results>
2010 Grading Time Trial Results
Corporate Pursuit Links
The largest-ever contingent of teams will contest this year's Harrex Group Corporate Pursuit at the ILT Velodrome in July.
Thirty-six teams have been included in Cycling Southland's annual series.
Defending champion and event record-holder YMCA will return this year with some changes to their lineup after turning in a blistering 1min 12.068sec ride in the final last year to beat the police, who will have two teams in this year's competition.
The teams: EIS Group Ltd, Fonterra (two teams), SBS Bank, H W Richardson Group, Konica Minolta, SouthRoads Ltd, Opus International Consultants Ltd, BNZ, ILT, Southland Times, Harcourts, WHK, Eagles Eagles and Redpath, Southland District Council, Police (two teams), YMCA, PowerNet Ltd, Number 4 RD, Jackson Plumbing, Preston Russell Law (two teams), St Thomas Aquinas School, Waihopai Health Services, Finance Now Ltd, McIntyre Dick and Partners Ltd, Calder Stewart, Mitre 10 Mega, Stonewood Homes, Mediaworks/More FM, Radio Network Classic Hits, Cunningham Builders/Signature Homes, AWS Legal.
2011 Training Schedule
2011 Time Trial Start List