TODAY'S TO DO
Wednesday - Zwift racing
Cycling Southland Wednesday Worlds p/b GreenMonkey is now an official Zwift event - thank you to Daniel Carruthers of GreenMonkey for his invaluable contribution when it came to making this happen. For more information on the event, click here, and enter via the Zwift Companion app. Racing on Wednesday evening, 7:30pm, with A, B, and C grades.
Saturday road race
This weekend's handicap road race, sponsored by Invercargill i-Battery, will take place on Saturday 9 July on an out and course from Rimu to Seaward Downs.
Sign on from 1pm at Rimu School for a 1:30pm start.
A, B, and C grade will race over 44km, while D and E grade will race over 23km.
The race route can be viewed here.
Enter via Webscorer here.
Please note that entries will close at 9am Saturday morning - no entries will be accepted after this, as the handicappers need time to finalise the handicaps and ensure a fair race.
Annual General Meeting
The 2022 Cycling Southland Annual General Meeting will take place on 25 July. For more information, including nomination forms and minutes from the 2021 AGM, please click here.
King House Removals Omnium Series
The King House Removals Omnium Series will be taking to the track again from 5 August. Click here for more information, with entries to open next week.
Please check the track schedule here, and register early so we know whether we have viable numbers for sessions to go ahead.
The latest edition of Cycling Southland's newsletter can be found here.
Upcoming Major Events
- 25 July - Cycling Southland Annual General Meeting
- 5 August - 20 November - King House Removals Omnium Series
- 26/28 August - Track Challenge
- 7-9 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 11-12 October - Skoda National Schools Track Championships
- 13-16 October - Skoda National School MTB Championships
Recent Events and Results
- Ascot Park Hotel Criterium
- Stonewood Homes Gore to Invercargill Classic
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- 10-12 December - Southland Track Championships
- 8-10 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 25 September - Memorial Race Classic and Curtis Dunn Memorial
- 14 August - Geo W Wilson and Sons Ltd Gore to Waikiwi Classic
- Outdoor H&J Smith Southland Time Trial and Road Race Championships
- Otago/Southland Secondary Schools Road Cycling Championships
- Vital Signs Fight for Yellow
- ILT South Island Age Group and Masters Track Carnival
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- Southland Track Championships
Covid 19 Protection Framework - ORANGE:
For a summary of the rules that apply under ORANGE, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/life-at-orange/
Road race guidelines:
There are no longer any gathering limits for outdoor events. Mask use is still required when in close proximity and not exercising, but prize givings, race briefings, and other such gatherings can take place.
- Wear a mask when entering the venue
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the venue
- Do not attend sessions if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms
In th D:
- Wear a mask while anywhere in the stadium other than riding on the track
- Shared equipment (compressor, rollers) to be wiped down after use
- Ensure all equipment used has been wiped down and stored