Covid-19 response: Alert Level 2 (Delta)
Level 2 (Delta):
With the return to Covid Alert Level 2 (Delta), select Cycling Southland events and activities are returning - please keep an eye on our Facebook page and the website for details.
For a summary of the rules that apply during Alert Level 2, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/alert-level-2/
Road race guidelines:
- No congregating pre or post event
- Maintain social distancing when not racing
- Parents/supporters should refrain from mingling with the riders (remain with their vehicles if at all possible)
- Masks need to be worn when signing on or not riding
- Scan in using the QR code at sign in
- Please adhere to best practice hygiene - no spitting or clearing your nose in the bunch
- Limited spectators are allowed in the stands - a maximum of 50 people, all have to wear masks, and groups are to remain socially distanced from one another.
- Wear a mask when entering Stadium Southland
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the venue
- Use the designated entrance for the velodrome space (through the tunnel - please do not use the side entrance or main entrance as these are designated for other areas)
- Scan in - this is compulsory. There will be a physical sign in sheet provided for those unable to scan in, but scanning is preferred
- Use the designated bathrooms for the velodrome space, next to the entrance to the gym area
- Do not move through other areas - respect any signage and barriers
- Do not attend sessions if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms
In th D:
- Remain socially distanced in the D
- Wear a mask while anywhere in the stadium other than riding on the track
- Shared equipment (compressor, rollers) to be wiped down after use
On the track:
- Under the rules in place for team sport, social distancing is to be exercised where practical, but riders are not required to stay two meters apart on the track while participating in drills
- Ensure all equipment used has been wiped down and stored
ILT Stadium Southland and SIT Zero Fees Velodrome:
Stadium Southland is open under Alert Level 2, but with sign in and mask requirements, and separate entrances for different zones. Please follow the instructions on signs and from Stadium Southland staff, and do not cross any barriers set up in the venue.
TODAY'S TO DO
Saturday Road Race - Ward & Sinclair Ltd Wydham Road Race
Welcome to the ninth event of the 2021 Cycling Southland Winter Road Race Season.
The Ward & Sinclair Ltd Wyndham Road Race will take place on Saturday 23 October.
Sign on from 1pm for a 1:30pm start from Wyndham.
This will be a graded race, with A and B grades completing two laps, and C grade one lap. D/E grade will ride a one lap handicap, with a group ride for the first 15km for E grade. A late entry fee applied from 12 noon on Friday.
Wednesday Worlds is back!
Wednesday Worlds is back this Wednesday - the reason you keep on training through the cold and dark winter months! Meet at Tisbury Hall for sign-on from 6:00pm for start at 6:30pm. Entry fee is $5 cash at sign-on.
Keirin Fest will take place on Saturday 23 October, 1-4pm. This will be preceded by a King House Removals Omnium Series race on Friday 22 October. There are still a couple of spots open, so get in quick!
Wednesday - Zwift racing
Cycling Southland Wednesday Worlds p/b GreenMonkey is now an official Zwift event - thank you to Daniel Carruthers of GreenMonkey for his invaluable contribution when it came to making this happen. For more information on the event, click here, and enter via the Zwift Companion app. Racing on Wednesday evening, 7:30pm, with A, B, and C grades.
Track training is on (some of it at least) this week. Keep an eye on the track schedule (with Webscorer entry links) here for updates.
The latest edition of Cycling Southland's newsletter can be found here.
ON HOLD - CycloFit
CycloFit is on hold and will only return once Southland is back in Level 1.
ON HOLD - Lunch Roll
Current construction work in the Velodrome means that all daytime sessions are on hold until construction work has been completed.
ON HOLD - Learn to Ride
Learn to Ride has been put on hold until Term 4.
Upcoming Major Events
Recent Events and Results
- 8-10 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 25 September - Memorial Race Classic and Curtis Dunn Memorial
- 14 August - Geo W Wilson and Sons Ltd Gore to Waikiwi Classic
- Outdoor H&J Smith Southland Time Trial and Road Race Championships
- Otago/Southland Secondary Schools Road Cycling Championships
- Vital Signs Fight for Yellow
- ILT South Island Age Group and Masters Track Carnival
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- Southland Track Championships
2021 King House Removals Omnium Series
The King House Removals Omnium Series takes place over eight nights from 2 July to 19 November, and provides a great enviroment for building skill and speed in preparation for the South Island Schools Track Championships, National Track Series, and Southland Track Championships.
For more information and links to the results, click on the King logo above.