Stadium Southland vaccine requirement:
With the move to the traffic light system from Friday 3 December, Stadium Southland (which includes the SIT Velodrome and the Cycling Southland offices) will become a fully vaccinated venue, which means that all Stadium Southland staff, tenants, contractors and the general public will be required to show proof of their vaccinations status on entry to the venue. The stadium will have staff permanently placed at the entrance to the building at all times through out the day and evening to ensure that we are abiding by the health regulations as they are currently set out.
Access (entry/exit) to the facility for everyone with no exceptions, will be through the main entrance.
Government guidance indicates there will be a 3 month grace period from the date someone turns 12 until they are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated.
Level 2 (Delta):
With the return to Covid Alert Level 2 (Delta), select Cycling Southland events and activities are returning - please keep an eye on our Facebook page and the website for details.
For a summary of the rules that apply during Alert Level 2, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/alert-level-2/
Road race guidelines:
- No congregating pre or post event
- Maintain social distancing when not racing
- Parents/supporters should refrain from mingling with the riders (remain with their vehicles if at all possible)
- Masks need to be worn when signing on or not riding
- Scan in using the QR code at sign in
- Please adhere to best practice hygiene - no spitting or clearing your nose in the bunch
- Limited spectators are allowed in the stands - a maximum of 50 people, all have to wear masks, and groups are to remain socially distanced from one another.
- Wear a mask when entering Stadium Southland
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the venue
- Use the designated entrance for the velodrome space (through the tunnel - please do not use the side entrance or main entrance as these are designated for other areas)
- Scan in - this is compulsory. There will be a physical sign in sheet provided for those unable to scan in, but scanning is preferred
- Use the designated bathrooms for the velodrome space, next to the entrance to the gym area
- Do not move through other areas - respect any signage and barriers
- Do not attend sessions if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms
In th D:
- Remain socially distanced in the D
- Wear a mask while anywhere in the stadium other than riding on the track
- Shared equipment (compressor, rollers) to be wiped down after use
On the track:
- Under the rules in place for team sport, social distancing is to be exercised where practical, but riders are not required to stay two meters apart on the track while participating in drills
- Ensure all equipment used has been wiped down and stored
ILT Stadium Southland and SIT Zero Fees Velodrome:
Stadium Southland is open under Alert Level 2, but with sign in and mask requirements, and separate entrances for different zones. Please follow the instructions on signs and from Stadium Southland staff, and do not cross any barriers set up in the venue.
TODAY'S TO DO
Wednesday Worlds *should* be back this week - sign on from 6pm at Tisbury Hall for a 6:30pm start. Entry is $5 cash on the line.
Friday Night Racing
Friday Night club racing is back this week, with a short course Omnium taking to the track from 6pm. The night will feature the traditional Omnium races - scratch, tempo, elimination, and points - but with no race exceeding 12 laps. Racing will take place across three grades, depending on numbers, with grades self assigned on the night (and edited at the discretion of the organisers)
CycloFit is back on track this week from 9am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Lunch Roll is back this week on Tuesday and Friday from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. Remember to register via Webscorer.
Masters track session
By popular demand, we have added a masters track session to the schedule. This week it will be taking place on Saturday morning, from 8:00am to 10:00am, with access to the velodrome for warmup on the rollers possible from 7:30am. Enter via Webscorer using the link below.
Southland Track Championships
Southland Track Championships will take place from 10 to 12 December. With the announcement that New Zealand will be moving to the traffic light system from 3 December, entries for the event are once again open. For more information, including the provisional race programme, visit the event page here. Entries close Tuesday 30 November at 5pm.
Wednesday - Zwift racing
Cycling Southland Wednesday Worlds p/b GreenMonkey is now an official Zwift event - thank you to Daniel Carruthers of GreenMonkey for his invaluable contribution when it came to making this happen. For more information on the event, click here, and enter via the Zwift Companion app. Racing on Wednesday evening, 7:30pm, with A, B, and C grades.
Track training is on (some of it at least) this week. Keep an eye on the track schedule (with Webscorer entry links) here for updates.
The latest edition of Cycling Southland's newsletter can be found here.
Upcoming Major Events
- 10-12 December - Southland Track Championships
- 28-29 January - ILT New Year Track Carnival
- 29 January - Stonewood Homes Gore to Invercargill Classic
Recent Events and Results
- 8-10 October - Yunca Junior Tour of Southland
- 25 September - Memorial Race Classic and Curtis Dunn Memorial
- 14 August - Geo W Wilson and Sons Ltd Gore to Waikiwi Classic
- Outdoor H&J Smith Southland Time Trial and Road Race Championships
- Otago/Southland Secondary Schools Road Cycling Championships
- Vital Signs Fight for Yellow
- ILT South Island Age Group and Masters Track Carnival
- ILT New Year Track Carnival
- Southland Track Championships
2021 King House Removals Omnium Series
The King House Removals Omnium Series takes place over eight nights from 2 July to 19 November, and provides a great enviroment for building skill and speed in preparation for the South Island Schools Track Championships, National Track Series, and Southland Track Championships.
For more information and links to the results, click on the King logo above.